TWO-TIERED THEORY TEST
(BASIC THEORY TEST AND RIDING THEORY TEST)
FOR CLASS 2B LEARNER RIDERS
With effect from 27 February 2012 (Monday), Class 2B learner riders will be subjected to a two-tiered theory test which requires them to pass, in order of sequence:
a) a Basic Theory Test (BTT); and
b) a Riding Theory Test (RTT)
before they can apply for their practical riding test.
2) Class 2B learner riders applying for the Class 2B Provisional Driving Licence (PDL) under the two-tiered theory test will be required to have a valid pass record for BTT or be exempted from taking the BTT.
3) Class 2B learner riders will be exempted from having to take the BTT under the new two-tiered theory test structure if they fulfill one of the following requirements:
a) Have a valid qualified class 3, 3A, 4, 4A or 5 Singapore driving licence, or
b) Have a valid pass record for their BTT.
4) In addition, Class 2B learner riders who have a valid pass record for their RTT taken before 27 February 2012 will also be exempted from having to take the BTT. If you do not pass your Class 2B practical test within the 12-month validity of your RTT result taken before 27 February 2012, you will be subjected to the two-tiered theory test structure for Class 2B and may be required to take BTT depending on your exemption eligibilities.
5) For further information on the two-tiered theory test for Class 2B learner riders, you may wish to refer to the following website:
a) Learning To Drive
6) If you need any further clarifications, you may also check with the Training Department of the driving center where you intend to enroll or have enrolled for your Class 2B course.